Tuesday, June 30, 2009

6/29/09
Thanks everyone for the bday wishes :-) It turned out to be a wonderful day, and getting flowers was super awesome! It made the day that much better! As you know when it comes to surprises I have a hard time waiting, so I opened all my presents except for one before my bday. Mom... I ABSOLUTELY love!!!!!!!! the stamps! They are sooo awesome I have been playing with them all week, and making awesome stationary... perfect gift! The clothes... Mom I thought I told you I have been getting fat... why all the extra smalls? lol Everything fit except the green jacket which makes me really sad because that was my favorite! It is sooooooooooooo cute! BUT we don't have a Nordstrom rack here, sooo I will have to send it home sorry :-( Everything else was super cute and fits pretty well... a little tight but I know how to fix that, lose weight! haha Well Bryant got baptized on Saturday! It was so awesome. His mom and dad both came and LOVED it! (His mom, Lisa, isn't a member and his dad probably hasn't come in a LONG time). We have taught his mom before but she kind of stopped taking the lessons when we started teaching her son. But anyways the parents were both touched by the spirit at the baptism and they said they would be there the Sunday for the confirmation...but they didn't end up coming. It was really disappointing but hopefully we can go over there and snag them! We had a fast for Brad Wilson to help him quit chewing and then they found out that his dad has cancer! Ugh why can't he catch a break! It’s so hard to see people struggle like this! I wish I could just lock him in a room with nothing in it except the scriptures for a few weeks and he could come out clean of his addiction! haha if only life were that easy :-)So Bro Manning came up with this idea that we were going to wear buttons to church that said "ask me how?" and then we were going to start this program of teaching about service and have everyone doing service for their neighbors and it's the idea that "we aren't asking for any names... just for you to serve" then we would go behind and tract and see if people were more responsive to us coming by. Soooo... yesterday we wore these HUGE buttons (about 3'' in diameter) and we didn't get one appointment out of it! Haha people would say "uhhh I don't really want to know" haha they knew it had something to do with missionary work! SAD... silly people! But anyways...Well that was pretty much all that happened this week! Got to love the exciting missionary life :-) love you all xoxoSister Lizzie Marchant

No comments: