Tuesday, June 2, 2009

5/26/09

Hey!

Well not too much has been going on this week. I sent a package today so you should get it in the next 6-8 days. It's pretty awesome!

Derrick is still getting baptized on Saturday! We are pretty stoked about that :-)

Man, I was so excited to email this morning but now I have this weird feeling in my gut that something is wrong or bad, (it never means anything) but I don't even know what to say.

Well our memorial day was pretty lame. You would think that people would be having bbqs and picnics, but no one did! Everyone out here is lame! Ha-ha it was even pday so you would think we would have an awesome day...nope! We did service and helped this lady sew, and then we went over to this lady's house to detox! Ha-ha it was so awesome! She has this footbath and she puts this device in the water that puts positive and negative charges into the water and pulls waste out of your body. It was so nasty, after 30 min the water was a deep amber color with foam at the top! But it's crazy because I have been so incredibly tried this last week (twice I fell asleep at lunch and ended up sleeping for 3 hours!) but today I have so much more energy! I want one of the machines but it's like $300 ha-ha!!

Colleen is really struggling. She told her friend that she was Mormon now, and her friend gave her crap for joining the church. It's really hard for her, and she also just started a new job that she HATES with a passion. So life isn't all fun and games after you are baptized but you have the Holy Ghost to help you and you have the scriptures and the knowledge and testimony to get you through anything.

Anyways, our mission is trying to focus more on "our purpose is to baptize" so this week we are going to be extending 4 baptismal commitment dates! That's pretty exciting, hopefully it all works out.

Things are going great! I love the mission. I know that this gospel is absolutely the only true church of Jesus Christ. It's amazing to see the change as people work towards the step of baptism. I hope all is well and everything is going GREAT! Love and miss you tons xoxo

Sis. Lizzie

No comments: