Monday, June 22, 2009

6/22/09

Hello,

Dad, HAPPY FATHERS DAY... late! Did you save the card until yesterday?

Mom, I must admit it was kind of awesome to hear your voice lol I didn't get in trouble at all. But I saved your message so I can listen to your voice whenever I want to :-)

Mom and dad, there is a girl in our ward that is going to U of M next month and I gave her your name and # so she can call if she needs anything or wants to go boating :-) her name is Heidi Zipperian so I hope she calls

Well this week was pretty slow. We found out that our baptism isn't a convert baptism because he is 8 years old and his dad is a member. I thought it was if you weren't a child of record then you were a convert apparently but both parents have to be non-members. So that kind of stinks number wise (but numbers don't really matter...right?)

Well Jay Manning was called as our ward mission leader. I am really excited because he is awesome and very missionary minded so it will be really good for the ward. He said he is going to "whip us into shape"! Uh oh... I thought we were in shape!

So this blog thing... is the whole family doing it? That's a really neat idea I will definitely participate and write my thoughts up there every week. It will help to unify as we read the BoM together. I like it!

We had zone conference this week and it was really good. Right now we are focusing on extending baptismal commitments the first lesson (well a soft challenge which is "when you come to know these things are true will you follow the example of the savior and be baptized) and on the second lesson a firm (which is a "will you be baptized on this date..."). It's really hard because the second lesson they don't know if they want to be baptized yet. I am not a very bold person so asking people to get baptized that early is going to take a leap of faith! That's for sure. But I think it will also help people realize our purpose. That we are there to teach and prepare them for baptism. So we will see what comes of it!

There was a ward campout this weekend and we went for dinner. It was fun; we ended up running the fishing game for the little kids. But I like getting to know the ward.

We are teaching a Preach My Gospel class and it's going fairly well. We only have 3 people there but we invited another ward so hopefully we will get more people out this week!

Nothing too excited is happening. Just same ol' same ol'. I can't believe I am going to be 22 that seems so old (I know I know all of you out there are older than that...) but it's like "official adult". I am not 21 anymore CRAZY! I think I should still be 18. (Sorry I am going through a quarter life crisis I will get over it soon, maybe I will be a motorcycle or something Craaazzzzyyy!)

Well love you and hope all is going well in lake woebegone (ha-ha mom)

xoxo
sister lizzie Marchant

No comments: