Saturday, March 14, 2009

3/9/09

Well HELLO!

I am doing well, starting to feel settled in Cedar Crest. Finally starting to feel like I know the ward and my way around places. It's hard moving areas but it's been good. I have definitely learned a lot from this area.

The weather here has been pretty warm until today! It was snowing :-( but it started to clear up! Hopefully it doesn't last until tomorrow. tracting in snow is not my favorite thing to do.

Mom, I forgot what I sent home, but if it's cute send it :-) People feed us way too much food I hate it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! By the time I get home I am going to be ginormous! jk Hopefully I can get it under control by then.

Yea, the mannings are awesome! Bro. manning is hilarious! That's crazy that you know them. So far you have know someone in both of my areas... we must be a pretty popular family around the country (well around New Mexico) haha .

We are teaching a lady named Lisa and she is awesome! She said last week that she wants to be baptized but wants to know more first and she also wants her son to be baptized! It's so cool and her nephew just started getting active again and is about to put his papers in to go on a mission, so he is going to be in the lessons and last week he added an AWESOME testimony to the lesson! I am really excited about teaching her.

We are also teaching a family, the Salgados, that has investigated before, but yesterday we had dinner with them and 2 other families in the ward. So we had to go to another appointment, but after we left Victor told the members that he was in his study group and the topic of religion came up and they asked him if he goes to church and he said "not yet but I am about to join one". They asked which one and he said the Mormons! We were really excited about that, although they won't make time for us to teach them... I don't understand the mixed signals so who knows! haha we will keep working on them.

We are finally getting a steady teaching pool going and things are getting going. not as many people as we were teaching in Cortez, but these people are actually progressing :-) which is the important part.

Transfers are coming up next week! Crazy this transfer went by SOOOO fast! I think every transfer goes faster and faster! It's crazy.

So wedding plans are coming along? May 9th right?
Tomorrow is 6 months! can you believe it 1/3 done... man I didn't believe people when they said it flies by but it really does! But, I don't feel like I am 2/3 of the way from being perfect... I guess RMs aren't perfect :-\

love you guys and hope you have a great week!

xoxo lizzie



3/2/09
Hello,

Cool pictures!! (Hawaii) Well the weather here is amazing! I love it :-) It's in the 50s or so and it's Feb! (well now it's march but still... way better than Michigan OR Idaho). This week has been pretty good. Sis. Boisselle was sick so we didn't go out a lot but that's okay because all we had was tracting anyways lol. So I read Jesus the Christ! What an amazing book :-) I LOVE it. I haven't been reading it in chronological order but just the chapters I want to read.

Not much is new, this morning we played tennis for a little bit and it made me glad that I took lessons because I beat almost everyone (elder Utai beat me but I will get revenge after e-mail). So thanks for making me learn! haha

We had stake conference yesterday and Elder Uchtdorf spoke it was awesome! I love hearing from the apostles :-).

Love ya and hope all is well. You are always in my prayers.

xoxo

Lizzie

No comments: