Tuesday, February 17, 2009

2/17/09

Well... Cedar Crest is a hard area! Things are starting to pick up this week, but last week our numbers weren't very good. Sis. Boiselle was sick but we still tried to get out and work, so we tried to contact less actives, with little success. It's hard to just "drop in" on people here. We feel bad because we know that is no excuse so this week we are going to work, work, work!!!

As of now, we don't have any investigators and are trying to think of ideas to help the work rather than tracting all day every day. Tracting here isn't the most effective use of time. We are going down the ward list to meet all the members in the ward (active and less active) and ask for referrals. In Preach My gospel it talks about how if you ask for referrals from everyone you will be busy, so that we are going to focus on this week. I hope the work starts to pick up, because I KNOW the "field is white all ready to harvest" we just need to find the white wheat!

Our first day here we tracted into a lady who was taking her husband to the hospital for open heart surgery and she started to tear up when we got there and said that we are what she needed right then. Sister Boisselle said "God knows what you need" and I just can't get her out of my mind, so we were in the neighborhood a few days ago and we decided to knock on her door and see if everything went well, so we did and no one was home, but we left her a note saying that we dropped by to see if Thomas was doing okay and if everything went well and told her to call us if she needs anything. I hope maybe that sparks some interest or at least plants a seed.

We had Zone Conference this week and it was exactly what I needed. I started to slack off on my PMG study but now I study it daily. I have seen an improvement in my attitude towards missionary work and have been more excited to implement what I learn into the work. I love zone conference! It's just always so motivating and exciting, plus you get to meet together with a bunch of other people that are going through the exact same thing you are!

Yesterday at church a guy gave a really good talk and one thing that stuck out was, he said that a parent's responsibility is to help children understand spiritual experiences. I really liked that, because I have never thought about that before.

I got your package! thanks so much I absolutely LOVED that holiday kit thing! We were staying with a different family this weekend while sister Clifford was out of town and they were out of town also, so we left the mobile hanging in their entry way and made the boxes and filled them with candy as a thank you. It was really cute! perfect timing because the mom loves holidays (I don't know if I told you about our "red meal" last week, but it was that family) and she goes all out on celebrating so may she will reuse it next year! The elders liked both of the shirts and they wanted them from me! (especially the Jesus one) but no worries I didn't give them away. lol

Well love you all life is good just keep praying that we will actually get investigators! You are all always in my prayers! xoxo

Sister Lizzie Marchant

No comments: