Monday, February 9, 2009

Feb. 9, 2009

2/9/09

Well my new area is pretty cool! We are living with members and they have a really nice house. If you want to look it up on Google Earth the address is: 26 Lauren Taylor St., Tijeras, NM 87059

Last week was a pretty hard week. We don't have any investigators and so there isn't a lot to do. We went tracting but it's hard here because there are so many hills. It was a good workout :-) Since we are living with members it's hard to feel comfortable because we aren't in our own space. We have the guest bedroom and a bathroom but we share the kitchen and stuff. It's fun though because they are really nice. Kathie and Tom Clifford are their names. She is an early morning Seminary teacher and he works for some gov. job. I didn't really understand when he told me. They have a dog which is fun! It's a golden lab. They are letting us use their gps and cell phone (until we get our own) so it's kind of fun. It's so beautiful here and the area is pretty wealthy so there are BEAUTIFUL homes. I love the Santa Fe style, which is the style of most of the houses.

My comp and I don't have much in common, but she is nice. I am sure we will get along fine. She is from Canada if that explains anything lol jk. Her name is Sister Boisselle (we just call her Boise) ha-ha

My district leader is Elder Utai. He is from Samoa and he is hilarious because he doesn't care about anything and so he just does whatever he wants! He is very spiritual but when it comes to the rules he doesn't care. It's funny because the first night we ate at the Cliffords (our host family) and we couldn't get into the gate. (I forgot to mention that tracting is hard when about 65% of the people have gates). So, E. Farnsworth jumped the gate to have them let us in. Then at dinner S. Boise and E. Farnsworth (we call him Farnsy for short) said 'shut up' which is "a forbidden word" in the Clifford household. ha-ha. It was funny because after they left sis and Bro. Clifford were telling us how irresponsible the Elders were and how excited they are to have sisters (E. Utai has been here for 10 1/2 months and for the last 2 transfers they have been covering Cedar Crest and Edgewood). So yesterday EVERYONE was really excited to have sisters in their ward again :-)

I really like the ward, everyone is so nice and willing to help. We have been trying to connect to former investigators and things, but so far no luck! ha-ha But, we are working and it will start to pick up.

That's exciting that Pam and Alan are going to Calgary! It's kind of cold up there but they are going to be awesome! I am jealous! I wish they were coming to my mission!! But Pres. Anderson is amazing!!!!

Mom, I am not training, Sister Boise has been out for 6 weeks so she pretty much knows what's going on. How did you forget to read your scriptures when you were training? It's 2 hours of set aside time... ha-ha jk. It's not too stressful being senior, except for the driving... ugh! That's stressful!

Sounds like amber's wedding was beautiful! I am excited to see how Alex and Lauren's wedding turns out.

I will probably send a package home soon... I have a bunch of stuff I don't use and need to send home. I will send home my planners so you can look at what I have been doing every day for the last 5 months (my 5 month mark is tomorrow... not that I am counting or anything)


Well! life is good! this area is going to be challenging BUT I will definitely grow and become a better missionary so it is good. tell Abby my address is: 4400 presidential dr. NE Ste. E Albuquerque, NM 87109 so when in doubt... send it there :-) ha-ha love you and hope all is well.
xoxo
Lizzie

No comments: