Monday, July 13, 2009

7/13/09

Glad to hear your trip went well! I have never been to the UP except our Mullet Lake adventures! I don't know if we went up to the up though. Although the trip to Mackinac was pretty exciting (remember it was raining cats and dogs!)

Anyways this week has been pretty uneventful. We really didn't do anything but tract. We didn't teach any investigators (the 2 we have are super busy) but this week should be better. We are meeting with our investigators and we are meeting with that referral from Texas. So hopefully something will come of that.

This has been a REALLY long transfer. With no investigators that are progressing.... But, I love the ward and I love the Clifford's so it wasn't too bad

Well since nothing happened this week I will share with you my insights from studying. Every week I study a Christ like attribute from chpt 6 of PMG (preach my gospel). This week is charity and love. So this morning I was going through the scriptures and I came across 1 Cor. 13:13 and it says "And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity."
I thought that was interesting because if you would have asked me, I would have said "faith, duh!?" but then as I thought about it, charity is the most important because, as we grown in charity we feel the love that Christ has, not only for ourselves, but for EVERYONE. As we develop that perfect love of Christ then we know what Christ feels for each one of us and we know that Christ would never let one of us fail (as we know hope is the abiding trust that we will gain eternal life through Jesus Christ) so our hope is strengthened, and obviously our faith in Jesus Christ is also strengthened. Then also I noticed there was a picture of Christ in Gethsemane next to the "Charity and Love" section and it hit me (duh, everyone else already knows this but I just got it) that the atonement really was the greatest act of Charity that anyone could ever do, because it was done with perfect love from Christ. He didn't do it for the glory or the gratitude that we would give to Him, He did it because he honestly and TRUELY loves us!

So anyways what we learn from this is that I am not even CLOSE to having the perfect love of Christ, and how important Charity really is.

Anyways that's all I got for today! Love you all and hope all is well. xoxo

Sister Marchant

No comments: