Monday, July 20, 2009

7-20-09

Well.... guess what!?! I am going to Shiprock! I am so excited :-) They have so much success there! They teach so much they don't have time to tract I am so excited!!!!! I just thought of that scripture in D&C that' talks about your trials being a short time and if you endure them well then you will be exalted! I feel like I am being exalted, lol, although I don't know if I consider Cedar Crest a trial because we had success here and I love it here! Anyway, I can't even begin to know how to pronounce my new comps name so I will let you know next week.

This week was pretty exciting we taught a lot of less active recent convert lessons which was good because those have been low ever since I have been here.

Ohh there was drama!!! So there is this lady in our ward that is always the "victim", and when we first got here we were looking for service and the RS pres. said that she could probably use some help. Well, we started helping her and the first time we went over she made me clean her bathroom and jokingly I said "man, I always get the bathroom" because everyone knows that the bathroom is the worst job... Well apparently from that time on she thought I had a bad attitude when I went over there. Then a couple of weeks ago she had mice in her house and she asked a ward member to come help her move the stove to get the mice out. So a couple, the Devenports, came over and helped her. So they were taking the stove out and stuff and I was trying to stay out of the way because her kitchen is super tiny so I was talking to Sister Devenport while Bro Devenport was doing his thing. So Wednesday we go over to help her and she said Sister Weatherston what would you like to clean the rugs or the bathroom and she said she didn't' care, So she said "ok Sister Marchant you clean the bathroom and Sister Weatherston can vacuum"! LOL

Remember my Christ like attribute for this week was charity and love! God definitely gave me the opportunity to grow this week, I think I failed but I am trying to love her!

I am really sad to leave the Wilsons they are so awesome! They gave me the cutest card it said that I really touched Brad's heart :-) That's the real joys of missionary work I love it! Hopefully he will get baptized soon and then I will be able to come to the temple when they get sealed! Or if he waits long enough (I really hope not) I can be there for the baptism. His dad has cancer and so he is really struggling.

Colleen is doing really well! She got an opportunity to train for house manager at a beehive home from jay manning. that will be really good for her although she still has to keep her other job that she hates (she finds jobs for mentally and physically handicapped people) but she was telling me that what she does is prays and follows the spirit and she has found so many jobs for the people! It's so amazing to see people's lives touched by the gospel. and how it helps them so much.

I really am going to miss a lot of people here and I absolutely LOVE the people but I am ready to go and move on.

Shiprock is the reservation so it should be fun. I will learn all about the Navajo people, their customs, and mutton (ew!) plus I MIGHT get to slaughter a sheep :-) awesome hu?

Love you and hope all is well (sorry about my stupid drama story but I thought you would enjoy a story about crazies)

xoxo Sister Lizzie Marchant xoxo

No comments: