Monday, July 6, 2009

7-6-09

Dearest friends and family,

HELLO THERE!

This week we had interviews and president gave me the idea to study baptism. I am still working on it because it's a long study, but it's amazing. Every scripture so far has talked about the extreme importance of baptism. I have always known that it was important and an essential ordinance but I didn't realized that it's more than just an action we need to go through. Although, all ordinances are more than just an action. But I am still continuing my study and will hopefully learn more.

Tuesday we were exploring this road that we have never been down looking for houses to tract. As we were driving I saw this house that didn't have a gate! I was pretty excited but decided that it wasn't worth tracting the whole street for one house. So we left and went on our way. Well, we drove past it again and I knew we had to stop there, but my lack of faith stopped me. I was thinking no, that's just my brain making that up. So we continued on our way again. Well, then we drove past it on our way back home for lunch and I knew I couldn't just let it go. So I asked Sister Weatherston if we could tract this street really quickly. So we walked up to this house and knocked on the door and the lady came out and she said "sorry it's a bad time" and kind of walked inside, but I just stood there because I wanted to share my message!! so she saw that we were still standing there and came out and said it again "sorry, but it's a bad time" then I am not exactly sure how but she said something about us being Jehovah's witnesses and I said actually no we aren't, we are LDS and our views are completely different than the JWs. and that started a conversation! We ended up talking to her for 45 min about the plan of salvation and answered some questions she had! It was so awesome. We didn't get a return appointment but we left our phone number and the Plan of salvation pamphlet! So we are praying that she will check out mormon.org and then call us!

Our 4th of July was pretty lame. We did service all day. And we didn't' have a dinner appointment so the Clifford's fed us and invited their brother (who works in the mission office) and his wife, and colleen (our recent convert), and Helen (a single lady they used to home teach) guess what we played!? Rummikub I totally thought of you mom because that is your favorite game :-) but we didn't' see any fireworks at all! I saw one when we were driving home from service but other than that... NOTHING! I guess fireworks are a bigger deal in Michigan because they do them for days on end over each lake! Oh well, next year :-)

A couple weeks ago we got a referral from this lady in Texas because her friends were moving here. She told us to wait to stop by until they are more settled in and in town for permanent. So we stopped by last night and she was so excited! She said she can't wait to talk to us but she has visitors in town and so we don't have an appointment until next week but she is excited! So we are going to baptize all 4 of them :-)

Well that's life in the fast lane... if tracting all day is the fast lane. Glad to hear all is well! I love you all and you are in my prayers xoxo

Sister Lizzie Marchant

No comments: