Thursday, January 22, 2009

January 19, 2009

This week has been really good! We are working with a lot of good people. One of the less active families we are working with, the dad is quitting smoking and some prescription drugs. We read Joseph Smith's History with him and he said that he is on a "spiritual high" and is excited to quit everything so he can be more a part of his family. Then yesterday we went over to see how he was doing and he said that he knows he is doing so well because of his faith! He has tried to quit before, but now he has faith that he can do it! It was so exciting to hear him say that!
Dale, one of our investigators, isn't progressing and just wants everyone to throw him a pity party. We called him and he was yelling on the phone about something his neighbor did and he called her the "B" word and that made Sister Pond mad! She said "Dale, don't EVER talk like that when you are on the phone with me" and we proceeded to drop him. He hasn't come to church in over a month and we even bought him church clothes with the $50 gift card. So we told him that we will see him at church on Sunday and if not, then he can give us a call when he is ready to make the changes he needs to in his life. It was really sad because he knows the church is true, but he hasn't been progressing since I have been here (about 4 months). He needs to realize that if he wants something different than what he has, he has to DO something different than what he has been doing.
We did service for one of our investigators the other day and she totally made us pick up dog poop!!! With one glove no shovel! it was so gross because her yard was COVERED! ha-ha ew... but good story :) We were supposed to go to Mesa Verde today but our ride called and canceled this morning :-( so we are just going to play volleyball with the elders. The zone leaders are coming up too so it should be a good ol' time... NOT! ha-ha I am terrible at volleyball, no wonder I didn't make the middle school team!
I got dads pics and I love them! they are so awesome... Dad, you should be a professional photographer. My fav pic is the one of Al, Lauren, Mom and Abby on the bench in front of the blue building! it's awesome with mom's bright red sweater! And I love the one of Mom and Dad (Abby is in the background ha-ha). So, I hung them up so I can never forget your beautiful faces (jk I never could forget them) .
Mom I got your thank-you note! Thanks! it was so weird because when I read your handwriting it makes me feel so comfortable... I am weird I know !
Things are going really well here. Yesterday an RM gave his homecoming talk and it made me realize that I don't want to be home. I want to be right here doing what I am doing! every day gets easier and easier! he was talking about how a mission is like a mini life. you have your trainer who is like your parents and "trains you for life" and you know your purpose and you strive to be obedient and follow the commandments and then you "die". But it made me realize that I am so grateful for the veil, and that we forgot what it was like to live in God's presence... could you imagine knowing that glory and then living in this earth! We would all be miserable! Anyways I hope that made sense. I love you and hope everything is going well.
xoxo
Lizzie

No comments: