Monday, January 12, 2009

Jan. 12, 2009

Hey!
It sounds like things are slowing down over there. I am really glad the holidays are over. They are hard while on your mission. Yesterday Sis. Pond was sick so we stayed home from church- it was pretty boring. We played Skip-bo and I made a calendar until march 2010, which I might send home so you can count down the days until I come home. It is technically called a "trunky calendar" (don't worry I am def! not trunky), so I made the outside look like a trunk! It's really cute.

Sister Pond she wanted a yellow straw, so she called the Elders and asked if they had one, and they came over with a whole bag of straws! We were like... "did you go buy those on a Sunday!!!!" ha-ha Stupid Elders went to the store on a Sunday to buy straws for my companion! It was kind of funny and luckily they took their missionary clothes and name tags off, but still!!! lol

Lucy and William (Barber) are fun; their kids are soooo cute!!! Bro and Sister Nielson are obsessed with them. Every time we talk to them they talk about their grandchildren. It's really sweet!

This week has been pretty boring. All of our investigators stopped progressing. Dale is still being "Negative Ned" and he just wants everyone to have pity on him, which I do, but you can only do that for so long. Then you get fed up and want to tell him to do something about it instead of sitting there and complaining! ha-ha It's so frustrating.

We had zone conference on Tuesday, it was just a mini one because we had 2 last transfer. It was about Companionship unity and District unity. Our District is pretty unified, I mean we make snowmen and play on the playgrounds! ha-ha Today my district leader and I are having a skip-bo tournament! I will totally win :-) Sis. Pond told him to pick his battles because "apparently" I am competitive when it comes to card games... ha-ha!

We were waiting for a guy to come fix our blinds so we were playing skip-bo and I let Sis. Pond take a card back because she wasn't paying attention. So, a couple games later I accidentally played a card I didn't mean to and she wouldn't let me take it back! I was mad and then she won the game so I was a sore loser... I haven't been that mad about a game in a while! Oops, so anyways that is where the idea that I am competitive came from... ha-ha.
That will be fun to have Abby home! Maybe she can help you get a new TV stand and couch :-) I can't believe your couch is still on backorder! that is ridiculous.

Dad, I haven't gotten your card yet, but if you send it through the Mission Office it takes a while to get to me. You should just send stuff to my direct address unless it's around transfers (which are in 3 weeks). We haven't been to Mesa Verde yet, but we are working on finding a member to take us. I hope we get to go :-) Can you believe I have already been out 4 months! It seems like just yesterday I was at the MTC... Everyone says that once you hit your 1/2 way point it flies by! ha-ha craziness :-)

well I love you guys and hope all is well :-) Tell Abby to check her e-mail. I miss you tons! Yesterday while my comp was sick I wanted to call you so badly and just say "hi love and miss you" then hang up... or just talk! ha-ha It's weird how you would feel so guilty for calling your family! Of all things!! I think it's one of the hardest things about a mission because I used to talk to you almost every day! In college sis. pond went 3 months once without talking to her family... crazy hu!? Well, I miss you tons and I know you are being blessed for my service.

Love you

xoxo Lizzie

1 comment:

Jenny said...

hey sister Marchant this is Bethany's Webber sister Jenny