Monday, January 5, 2009

Jan. 5, 2009

Hey- Hey!!!

Life is going well on the mission.

I am kind of frustrated with dealing with people's problems... I didn't know I was signing up to be a counselor! Ha-ha One of our investigators, Dale, ( I think I have told you about him before) is so obnoxious! He wants his life to change, but he won't change what he is doing. If you want things to be different, you have to DO something different! lol It's apparently a hard concept.

Anyway, Tuesday was a pretty good day, we met with a lady and she told us she wants to be baptized! Then we met with another lady who said she wants to be baptized. Then we met a family and they said they want to work towards baptism!!!! 3 people in one day! That's a dream day for a missionary (well I guess the dream day would be 3 baptisms) but it's close.

The only thing is that EVERYONE has major problems they have to overcome first... ugh! (hence I am feeling like a counselor). This week has been pretty uneventful... On New Year's Eve we went to the church and played Skipbo with the Elders. If that's not a crazy new years... I don't know what is! (besides getting engaged, that's just crazy)!!!

We have just been plugging away... the work is going well. Sister Pond said that she has never been in an area where there are so many people to teach... which means that my mission is all downhill from here... jk!

It's hard because I always think "I wish I were a better teacher", but then I remember I have only been out for a few months and I still have a lot to learn. At the same time it feels like I have been out forever! Ha-ha craziness...

Saturday is my 4 month mark! I can't believe it... only 14 months to go!!! ha-ha not that I am counting or anything :-) It's already 2009!! It seems like just yesterday everyone was super nervous about y2k. I get to spend this whole year on my mission, I am really excited about that. It's going to be the best year EVER!!!!!!!

We were out finding the other day and we knocked on this door. Well, Sis. Pond like jumps and screams and I look at her like ...are you crazy!?... and then I see a Peacock! Who would have guessed a peacock just chillin' in Colorado. So we asked some lady about it and she said it was a neighborhood pet. Super crazy!

I absolutely love Cortez. it's the first small town I have been in that doesn't have gossip all over and everyone is friends. The people here are so awesome, I just love them all. The members are amazing too. Dart and Yung-son Nielson said that you are more than welcome to come and stay at their house :-) ha-ha! You have 4 weeks before I possibly leave the area! jk

Anyway, I hope all is well in lake woebegone. Thanks for forwarding those letters mom.

Love you all, xoxo

Lizzie

(Today we are playing volleyball with the elders again... not the high school team, luckily! )

1 comment:

The Webber's said...

We're wondering if you're EVER going to be in the Durango wards?! Since I know you have soo much control over it! Hope you're staying warm!