Monday, December 29, 2008

December 29, 2008

HEY!!!!
I am glad you all had a great Christmas! I miss everyone. It was really good to talk to you all on the phone... it's so weird that life really is going on without me! haha But it's awesome. We had a great Christmas; we went over to the Nielson's and had dinner with them all. Sister Nielson made a lot of food and there were only 9 of us, so she gave us two big platters of food to take home, ahhhh! This whole "staying skinny" thing is hard.

On “Errand of Angels” when she is fed a lot of food... that's EXACTLY how it is!!! Lol. But then the Elders came over and we played in the snow and made a drunk snowman (the snowballs we made were too heavy to pick up so we made it laying down). It was snowing all day, so that was nice.

My new companion is really fun. We went over to the Nielsons this morning for breakfast and we played Nerts! It was so fun! I haven't played that game in forever... Mom, Lucy is really good and I told her that you were good too, so she wants to play you! haha I got second place :-( Abby knows how competitive I am with that game! haha. This afternoon we went and played volleyball with the elders and some people from their ward/ the high school volleyball team. Needless to say, we sucked!!!

Mom, I LOVED that bag!! It was so cute- the only thing is, I am scared that I am going to trash it on my mission... I don’t know if I should just use it, or send it home and use it when I get home. lol What do you think??

So when are Pam and Alan going on their mission?? That is so exciting :-) I had to give a talk yesterday, so I just gave the same talk I gave 2 weeks ago, but I wasn't as prepared because I forgot to read over it, so it didn't go as well the second time. :-( Sis. Pond had to speak too, and we were the only 2 speaking. I told her my talk was only 10 min long, and she was, like - well try to make it longer, bare your testimony. haha So i gave my talk and it was only 7 min.! Oops she had to speak for 25 min, haha. I felt really bad but I didn't know what else to say. I guess that's the perk of going first haha!!

Alex said that "we are spoiled with a great family", and I was thinking that this week. My comp's siblings aren't very supportive of her and it's hard for her. I was just wondering how I got so blessed. My family loves me; everyone in our family is active in the church, even our extended family! It’s crazy how blessed we really are. The mission puts a whole different perspective on families.

I don't know if it's because I am not around my family or what, but it's so hard not to hold babies or let them sit on your lap. One of our investigators just had a baby about a week ago, and I wanted to hold him so badly! haha It's a bummer that some people have to ruin it for everyone and sad that the world is coming to suing missionaries for things like that (I am guessing that is why we aren't allowed to hold children).

Anyways, I hope all is well!
I miss you all tons and I can't wait to see you.

xoxo
Lizzie

1 comment:

NNA said...

Hi, I found your blog post through a search for “Nerts”. It is cool to see others that know about the game. I hope you don’t mind but I wanted to let you know about playnertz.com, the site for the National Nertz Association. There is a bunch of interesting Nertz information there and you can also find out how to play Nertz online there. I hope you will check it out. Feel free to join and also let your friends and family know. Thanks