Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Dec 1

Hello!!

Sounds like your thanksgiving went well... I would love to see pics! My thanksgiving was really good too :-) We made pumpkin rolls in the morning (they were sooo good) and helped out at the soup kitchen in the afternoon. Then we had dinner with a family from the ward and their daughter's in-laws were there, which aren't members. So it was a good missionary opportunity, although they weren't too interested. Then we stopped by a couple other members’ houses. It was a pretty nice day. I tried not to think about home so it wouldn't be too hard, so it wasn't too bad. Not as bad as I thought it would be! I can't believe it's already December!

We had zone conference and it went really well. We talked about sharing the Book of Mormon with more people, so when we went out tracting, we talked about the BoM and how it answers questions of the soul (we got a little piece of paper that we glued into the front of the BoM) it went really well!! They also started a thing where we are supposed to "lend" out our BoMs so that people take it more seriously and read it quicker and know of the book's importance to us. So we lent out 4 BoMs and got 3 new investigators! So that was exciting.

Our neighbor came up on Tuesday night at like 9:40 (I was ready for bed ah!) and he was like hey sorry I am drunk right now, but I want to change my life around and start going back to church. I want to learn more about your church! So we taught him the restoration it went really well! And he knocked on our door! How’s that for missionary work :-) Haha

This week went by really fast. We helped a member paint in one of her rooms. I told her about how I got the chalkboard paint all over the floor in my room and she still let me paint! Haha I am getting really good at painting :-) So on Friday they went to this place where you pay like $7 and can go up on the hill and cut down any Christmas tree you want, and they invited us. But, we decided we probably shouldn't, so they got us one! I am so excited to put it up and decorate it :-) We don't have it yet, but they said it looks like a Charlie brown Christmas tree haha!

That’s exciting that there is a baptism in the ward! I hope it goes well :-)

If you have any requests for Christmas presents you might want to put them in soon, maybe some turquoise or something from the southwest... :-)

Thanks for the addresses! Hope all is well! Love you all and you are always in my prayers.

Xoxo

Lizzie

No comments: