Thursday, November 27, 2008

Nov 24

Well hello there!

So tomorrow is zone conference, I am exciting because it is so motivating and inspirational. On Thursday we went to Rico which is a small small small town up in the mountains and it's about 50 miles away so the missionaries don't get up there very often but we thought we would give them the opportunity to hear to gospel too, so it was fun. It was a gorgeous town, very small, mostly summer homes. Someone said that about 200 people live there all year- round, but about 500 in the summer. They also said that we came at the ugliest time of year, so I can only imagine what it is like in the summer.

Well after I e-mailed you on Tuesday we had an appointment and I started feeling sick while we were there so we left, and as we were walking out I threw up all over the lady's sidewalk :-( It was so gross but kind of a funny story! She was so sweet about it though. We have been working to get her to the temple and she just loves us and she's such a sweetheart! So it definitely could have been worse.

We met a new family that were former investigators a couple of years ago and we started to teach them again. They are an awesome family and I think they will get baptized, so that's exciting! They were in a cult and so they have a hard time trusting religion and stuff like that, but hopefully they will pray and read the book of Mormon. It was kinda cool because he was talking about how there are different levels of intellect, such as plants, then animals, then us and he believes that there could be something higher, such as aliens or something (I dunno). Then we were reading Jesus the Christ (Sis. Sorensen and I read Jesus the Christ during lunch... what an experience haha) and it was talking about different levels and that God is obviously on the level higher than us. So, I thought that was amazing that he was talking about it and then the next day we found something about it! I would have never guessed, especially on a topic like that!? Crazy different dimensions!

Well last week was pretty uneventful... we were sick on and off all week so that was a bummer, but hopefully we will be good for the rest of the transfer :-) I thought of more Christmas present ideas (haha) I would love some "return address" labels, church cds (talks and music) anyways I am trying to think of stuff, I know it's hard :-)

I am getting so excited for Christmas... a lot of people want our help decorating and putting up lights so that should be really fun! There is this family that is going to cut down trees on Friday and they invited us! I really want to go, but I dunno if we will be able to... bummer!! That would be sooo much fun.

For thanksgiving we aren't allowed to proselyte so we will be visiting less-actives and investigators and members... and we have had a few people invite us over for dinner so we are going to get really really fat! I am glad you invited the elders over... but I am really sad that they took the sisters out of the ward :-( Elders just aren't as cool!

Today is pina colada pday, so we are going out to the church and making pina coladas (virgin obviously) with the elders so that should be fun... last Monday was "puke" pday, because at least one person in every companionship in our district threw up last Monday :-( Wednesday was "wacky tights" Wednesday and I wore my blue tights (everyone loves those btw, there is a family in the ward that calls me the hard core smurf, because I am from Detroit but not hard core and my tights look like a smurf) Anyways... we try to have themes to make district meetings and stuff more exciting haha.

Hope all is well! I miss you guys and send some pics from thanksgiving... I don't have any pics of the fam to hang on my wall (now I have a couple of abs but other than that... you guys don't exist) Love you and will be thinking about you all through the holidays. Dad, that would be really hard to be sent out on your mission 2 weeks before Christmas!!! There are new missionaries arriving on Dec. 22 or 23 crazy huh?
That would suck!!!!

Love you all so so so much! Xoxo

Lizzie

1 comment:

The Webber's said...

we went to the temple today and drove through cortez to grab some food before heading back down to durango and thought of you! :)