Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Nov 10

Well we got transfer news on Saturday... are you ready...??? Sister Sorensen and I are staying in Cortez! So do you know what that means? You can overnight me a package of warm clothes :-) Haha, it's started snowing and I don't have a coat or anything, so it's kinda cold... so if you could send my coats and scarves ASAP I would greatly appreciate it! Oh, and my ear muffs!
Sis. Bateman is leaving tonight. We are taking her down to Farmington, NM and staying the night while her and another sister take the truck down to Albuquerque. So it will be fun to be in Farmington tonight. We get to go to the mall and target yay! (I still LOVE to shop :-) so some things are never going to change)

The young men have one-upped you guys! I got a package from them the other day. I will write them a thank-you note.

This week we were really spoiled... we had a lunch and dinner appointment everyday! Haha we ate so much :-( but we were talking to the elders and they didn't even have a dinner appointment every night. It goes to show that everyone loves the sisters so much more! Mom, I am glad you are helping the sisters... we really appreciate the "member present" lessons :-) We have to sneak the commandments in the different lessons so we don't just teach them all the commandments at once, that is over-whelming, and people already think being Mormon is hard. Haha, so I guess the sisters are doing what they are supposed to haha! I know they really appreciate what you are doing for them. Are they teaching anyone exciting?

We had stake conference this weekend and it was a broadcast from Salt Lake. Elder Hales and Pres. Eyring spoke and Sis. Dibbs (pres. Monson's daughter) it was really good. They talked about how important the small things are and that we need to fellowship those who have gone astray and do all we can to bring them back. The Saturday night session was in Durango, so the Nielson's took us to dinner down there and to the meeting. We went to a nice restaurant. It was weird because I haven't eaten at a nice restaurant in a long time. It feels like I am becoming a hick!!! ahhhhhh, but the stake president talked about popcorn vs. crock pot cooking and how the crock pot takes longer but is filling and nourishing, while popcorn is quick but doesn't satisfy you. He said things that we can put in our crock pot are... going to the temple, reading scriptures, praying, missionary work... etc, just making a sacrifice from leisure activities to help build up the kingdom of God. So, I really liked the crock pot analogy. And he challenged us to all add something to our crock pot.

There is a family in our ward. The largos, that went up to salt lake this weekend and asked if there is anything we wanted, and their son said Jamba Juice, and we were like yum! So they are bringing us back Jamba juice! Haha they took a cooler up to bring it back with them haha. I thought that was really cool of them! He is Navajo and he has a foster family that lives up in Salt Lake! I thought that was cool, I told him about Barbara and how she was your foster sister. Haha I dunno I thought it was cool... what is her last name? I couldn't remember...

There is a lady that owns a salon and on Friday she threw a going away party for Sis. Bateman, and got a cake but accidentally wrote Good Luck Sis. Sorensen! Haha we thought it was funny because everyone mixes up their names. Even President and the AP’s! Haha we make a joke out of it now :-)

We found some extra ties in our apt. so on Thursday we had "Tie Thursday" and wore ties to district meeting and actually all day! It looked really cute! My tie was really cool. I will send some pics.

Well this week wasn't super exciting. I am starting to get the swing of things, although the last 6 weeks seems like an eternity haha everyone says the first transfer is the longest. so time is going to start flying and before you know it... the new and improved Lizzie Marchant will be home... better than ever! I love you guys and miss every one of you! You are all awesome. Hope all is well and if there is anything I can do from Colorado let me know :-) You are always in my prayers!

Xoxo Lizzie ( I have gotten a lot of feedback about signing my letters "Sister Marchant" so by popular demand I will stop)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lizzie! I thought you were going to New Mexico? Anywho, how is Colorado? Miss you!