Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Nov 18

Hey guys!

This week was probably the best week of my mission so far! We are having a lot of fun. Sister Bateman is gone, which is sad, but Sister Sorensen is a lot happier. We have some really awesome goals that we have set to help us work hard and have fun while doing it. When we are tracting we wave at people. We started counting how many people wave back, and setting goals for every day haha. We also started doing a "scripture of the day" and Sister Sorensen thumbs through the book and I close my eyes and point at a scripture. It has been going really well so far... some of our scriptures have been: Omni 1:26, Alma 1:25, 3 Nephi 15:1, Omni 1:3 and today's is Alma 30:51!  So look them up they are all really good and we believe that God is guiding our fingers haha!!!

So we went to Farmington last week to drop sister Bateman off, and it was really fun. We stayed with the sisters down there and they were living with a member. The member was a single lady (her husband died 13 years ago) and she had the feeling one day that she should have the sisters live with her. So she fixed up her basement and they now live with her. She loves it! She said that her house isn't so quiet. The sisters love it too because they feel more like they are living with a family rather than being so isolated from everything. The lady was a really awesome person and she was really fun, and reminds me of Aunt Sherry. She made us grilled cheese and then we made fudge and went to target (I really miss target, Wal-Mart just doesn't cut it haha) I hope I get to serve in that area. :-)

We were driving down the road the other day and we saw a bear! I have never seen a bear in real life, so that was pretty exciting :-) And Sunday we were going to church and there were people moving their cows down the highway! They probably went about 3 miles down the highway with their cows! Haha only in Cortez, Colorado! (Well maybe in Wyoming too haha)

Thanksgiving sounds like it's going to be fun :-) We don't have any super exciting plans, we are going over to a member's house for dinner and probably help at the soup kitchen, so it should be fun. We aren't allowed to proselyte, so we will have to bug people :-) We already started listening to Christmas music. Haha we couldn't wait until after thanksgiving because we are so excited. There is a less active member that wants us to help her decorate for Christmas, and we are really excited for that :-) I love the holiday season!! Dad, I am glad you are getting some use out of that tie haha! I got it at Wal-Mart (we don't have any other stores in Cortez haha) but I thought it was funny! That paragraph you wrote was like a professional writer! You should enter it into a contest or publish it or something :-)

You can say that going on a mission is the greatest way to strengthen your personal spirituality. I have noticed that the scriptures talk a lot about enduring to the end, and if you endure you will receive the kingdom of God. I didn't realize how often it was said in the scriptures, before I came out. I think that as you read your scriptures and pray, your thoughts and actions will align with God's and you will accomplish His plan for you, and you can be an instrument in His hands. Right now that is what I am focusing on, is being an instrument. I want to submit fully to God so that he can guide me and speak through me, because obviously I don't know who is ready and what I need to say to catch their attention, but as I submit to God's will fully, he will use me to accomplish the things he needs me to. Broken heart and a contrite spirit are the sacrifice that we need to offer up. (Those are just a bunch of random thoughts. They may or may not be helpful)

Well I love you and hope that "lake woebegone" is doing well haha Thanks again for the package I am all warm and toasty now :-)

xoxo
Lizzie

No comments: