Monday, December 22, 2008

Dec. 22, 2008

Hey!
It's good to hear from everyone. :-) The work is going well... kind of slow with no baptisms, but soon we will! We have a few really golden investigators so hopefully we don't screw it up! haha i got 2 packages from Mom and 1 from Abby and Alex (you guys are the best!!! I send you a letter (but i guess it didn't get to you before you left Provo).

Mom you would be so proud! I only opened one gift and I haven't peeked at any of the other ones! Luckily, I am in Farmington/Bloomfield right now so it's not a temptation. Dad, i haven't gotten the pictures yet but I haven't been in Cortez since Sat., so it very well could be there :-)

I'll get a new comp. tomorrow. Sister Sorensen flies home today. It's sad that she's going, but my new companion's name is Sister Pond. I hear she is really fun and we will laugh nonstop so i am excited! This week hasn't been very productive because Sister Sorensen was packing and getting ready to go, but we had a really cool experience. At zone conference on Thursday each missionary was given a $50 gift card to Wall-mart. It was given by an anonymous donor to be used for something we need and then the rest used to help someone out this season. Sister Sorensen and I didn't need anything so we took one gift card and bought Dale church clothes. We then gave him the other gift card to get shoes and things he needs etc. It was fun to take that over to him. He had felt uncomfortable going to church before because everyone was dressed nicely and he wasn't. OH! also, when the Elders went over last week, he said he wanted a haircut like the elders. So, Sis. Sorensen cut his hair short! He got a total make over and looks awesome. The sad part is, he didn't go to church yesterday! Ugh... sometimes it is so frustrating! But he will go next week.

They are closing Bloomfield, NM to missionaries for a transfer and then bringing the Sisters back in Feb. Everyone keeps saying that I will be transferred here next transfer! haha So we will see. I went to church here yesterday and met everyone- it's a great ward. There is a little mission excitement for you to partake in :-) We will see how inspired the missionaries here are! haha

So Christmas should be exciting... I can't wait to talk to you guys! I am trying to think of the best time, and I think maybe 12:00 pm (11:00 am Cali time) should be a good time, I hope. It's hard to say because i don't know what my comp set up and our exact plans, but I will make sure I am home at noon :-)

Now that you have my phone number you can call and leave messages! haha Just kidding, that would not work. lol

Well I hope you have a wonderful week getting ready for Christmas and remembering the real reason for the season!

Love you all

xoxo

No comments: