Monday, October 6, 2008

Oct 6

Well the field is a lot different than I thought it would be. I love it but different! My companions are really nice and I love them to death. One is from Idaho Falls, and she is going home next transfer, and the other is from Syracuse, Utah and she is going home in December.

We have 2 baptisms on Saturday which is exciting... I had absolutely nothing to do with them, but it's still fun to see. One of the guys is this big Indian and he is a social worker and he talked about what a struggle it is to see children treated so poorly and try and keep his anger under control but since he has been focusing on Jesus it's helped a lot. The other one is a lady from California and she just felt the spirit prompt her to move here, so she did. And then the missionaries started teaching her and she is getting baptized! She is awesome and we are trying to work on her husband and daughter. The members here are awesome! They are all so nice and fun (mostly younger couples with kids) and we have a dinner appointment almost every night... which is not good for my diet! I can see how people gain weight. I am working on eating smaller portions but it's hard to have a really good home cooked meal every night and not take advantage of it! I mean I have been in college eating ramen noodles for 3 years! Ha-ha.

It’s getting a bit chilly here just the last few days so that's kind of a bummer but oh well what can ya do!? I will think about what I want/ need for Christmas... but all I really wanted was a Wii so I dunno what to ask for now... haha in the morning all we do is play Nintendo on that imaginary tv we have... it's a blast :-) Conference was AMAZING! I loved it! Especially Pres Monson's talk about enjoying the journey! We got to listen to all four sessions which was nice.

So mom it sounds like you are busy which is awesome! How are the sisters? Are there new ones? Haha sounds like Janie and the lady from Atlanta should be friends! YOU FINALLY BOUGHT A COUCH!!! Yay! Send me a pic when you have it all done :-) sounds like everyone is doing well, I hope Abby is making friends. That’s a bummer but it sounds like she is focusing more on school which is good. Oh it's getting cold so I think I will need some coats and sweaters when you get a chance. That’s a bummer that dad will be out of town next week :-( you should come to Cortez!!! Haha it's beautiful here. Oh I don't know if the office told you but you are supposed to send my packages via US Postal Service because then they can forward them to me.

Did you send the sister's over to the danglers?? I think they would at least listen and they seem in tune with the spirit.

I am trying to think if anything else exciting happened this week... we haven't tracted a lot, we usually have lessons or visit members but when we did go, everyone is Baptist!. It’s so sad everyone seems to be struggling for money, there is this one investigator who about a year ago had rubbing alcohol on him (don't ask, this story doesn't make sense) and he fell asleep with a cigarette and he lit himself on fire!!! So now he is still all itchy from that and he doesn't have enough money to go to the doctor or even drive there and no money for food, but he has about 8 dogs that he has to feed! So he spends all his money on these dogs that he is trying to sell but he will call and complain for an hour about how he doesn't feel well and he has no food to eat!! So we invited him to a dinner appointment with us and he wouldn't go! Haha man, people are so funny... Well I need to write President so I will let you go! Have a great week.
Love you Xoxo

No comments: