Tuesday, September 30, 2008

AWESOME!

So I am in new Mexico, well actually I'm in Cortez, Colorado! All is well! :-) It's awesome down here. I was put into a "triplet" so I have two trainers: Sister Sorenson and Sister Bateman. That's pretty exciting and we are teaching a lesson tonight! Ahhh! We flew in on Monday but that morning I had to wake up at 3:45 am Ahhhh!

When we got here, Pres. and Sister Anderson and the APs picked us up. We went to the mission home and had pizza with green chilies. It was really good... spicy, but I love spicy. Then we went out tracting for ten to fifteen min. and we gave out a book of Mormon!! Wahooo I love tracting! It's really fun. Then we had dinner with some of the office staff and then had an amazing testimony meeting.

I am going to miss my district they were all so amazing! Well, my P-day is Monday so I won't get to write any letters until next Monday. So, that's a bummer but oh well! I am excited to get in the work. On Oct. 11 we (not really me but sis. Bateman and Sorenson) have 2 baptisms, which is awesome. Their area is doing really well. The Elders before them left with only 2 investigators but the Sisters have done well here.

So you can start sending my mail to the mission office :-)

Some of the areas are on Navajo reservations which is really cool. Sis. Jensen went to Ship Rock, NM but they live in a ghetto trailer (remember how I said I want to tract in a trailer park....? well maybe I will get to LIVE in one!)

I just checked out my blog :-) It's awesome, you are the best (Alex). You can officially take the MTC address off yay!! I got Jamie's address so you don't have to send it to me anymore.

My testimony is just flourishing it's awesome. I was sad to leave the MTC but super excited to get out into the field. It's been a very draining couple of days but I am doing well. Everyone always talked about "knowing" their mission call was the right place, and I knew that I was called by the prophet but never felt at peace or "knew" this is where I was supposed to be until the last few days. At the MTC I started to feel more like I knew where I was going and getting excited, and then when the plane landed in Albuquerque I knew it was right. It was awesome I felt the spirit so strong and I love it. My mission Pres and Sis. Anderson are amazing! I love them so much already. We took pictures with them last night and they should be sending you a picture saying that we got here safely. We also went to the temple and took a pic in front of it. We get to go to the temple every 6 months. So I will get to go about 3 times. They just went a couple of weeks ago so I barely missed it :-( oh well!

They said our mission is growing a lot, in the next 2 transfers we have 19 new missionaries coming in and then about 1/3 of our mission will be new missionaries. I think that means that our mission is doing well :-) which is awesome!!

I can't believe I am starting this awesome journey... my companions are really nice and seem awesome. It's kind of weird because they have been together for 4 1/2 months and I am brand new but they have been so nice to me!

Mom, how's relief society? Dad how is work? Tell Abby thanks for the letters I will write her back asap. I wish I could write but it's not p-day :-( I am trying really really hard to be obedient and work hard. I will not have any regrets or come home saying "I wish I would have worked harder". If we don't obey, the Lord can't bless us, so I guess that means obey!!

Love and miss you! Hope all is well and everyone is living life to the fullest
:-) xoxo

3 comments:

The Cranes said...

Lizzie! I love you girlie! I am SO happy for you, you will have such a wonderful mission I am sure of it! Your cute personality and wonderful spirit will take you far. I am so excited to read updates and hear all about everything. Talk to you soon!

Love Brittney

Anonymous said...

Lizzie!! How is my cute sister missionary?? I MISS YOU!!!

The Webber's said...

Lizzie - guess what, you're mission is in my stake :) Do you remember my sister, Jenny Walls? We were in the farragut ward for abit (the walls family) before the wards changed and we were in west hills. anyways - we are in the durango 2nd ward! cortez is just a short drive from us! hopefully you saw the pretty colors and the mnts before the cold and snow comes in! take care!
~Bethany Walls Webber