Wednesday, September 24, 2008

1st Letter

9-17-08

So I guess we can e-mail at the MTC! Awesome huh? Well anyways, this week is going by so well. I love it here. P-day is Wednesday (obviously). So let's think... I have been in class all day every day for a week but it's awesome! I have learned so much and my testimony is getting stronger and stronger every day :-) I can't imagine how awesome it will be when I get back in 18 months! My companion is Sister Jensen and she is so awesome. (I will send some pics in a letter) She's so knowledgeable and can answer any weird question from investigators. I have A LOT to learn! She also is an amazing singer. It makes me want to take voice lessons when I get back. Anyways we have been studying the first lesson which is the restoration. My testimony in that is probably the lowest of everything in the gospel, so studying it for a week straight all day every day has been awesome! My roommates are hilarious. One is from Hawaii sister Kai and she is so funny! We have these glow in the dark stars on our ceiling and so we were talking one night and I said "I bet these stars make you feel at home because you don't have real houses" and we went off about how she weaves blankets from leaves and stuff like that! It was hilarious, and then we said roommate prayer and she prayed and thanked God for "all of the comforts we have at the MTC”!!!Oh man! We all busted up laughing in the middle of the prayer. She didn't even realize that she said that right after we were talking about the "3rd world country" of Hawaii.

So what else is new with you people in the real world? I love MTC land! It’s so awesome; everyone is on a spiritual high so everyone is so nice to you and walking around with their name tags on. (Btw I love my name tag, it makes me an official missionary) last night we have devotional and Elder Richard G. Hinckley spoke (last week they had Elder Uchdorf! :-( sad that I missed it) and he was saying "you are not cool any more, walking down the street in a white shirt and tie is Not cool!) I thought that was hilarious because it's so incredibly true... I'm a dork and I'm proud of it!

My district is awesome; they are all 19 year old boys but its still fun. Its cool cause one of them was in my New Testament class at BYU-I but he looked familiar, and I didn't really know who he was until we figured it out. Elder Mackey is here and I see him every once in a while, he isn't very talkative but he says "hi" back. I told him to tell his parents that I say hi ha-ha!
I'm not really sure what else to tell you, I have 12 min left on the computer and I want to use it all so I'm just typing about nothing! Ha-ha what else do you want to know? Oh the main gym time activity is 4 square... I don't' think I have played 4 square since 3rd grade, so that's pretty cool! Ha-ha I can't believe I only have a week and a half left until I leave here! Ahhhh... oh yesterday we went to the referral center and I called a lady and she wanted a book of Mormon! It was awesome. One of the elders in my district called a lady that the missionaries called her a liar so she is never going back to church... I'm not sure what they actually said but that's how she interpreted it... sad because she reads from the BoM every day and knows that it's true and has a movie that she has almost worn the copy out on. It's sad on both parts because she doesn't know that she is missing out on so many covenants and blessings from being stubborn.

Well I love you and miss you so much (we are working on "teenage language" and I say "like", "guys", "totally", "dude" all the time... it's really hard! Ha-ha everyone is a sister or elder. I always say "hey guys!" ha-ha oh well) hope all is well. Oh! You can tell everyone that while I am at the MTC they can write me letters on www.dearelder.com and I get it that same day, so they don't have to send it in the mail... it's a lot easier. Oh and mom could you please send me jeans???? I think I will need some for service activities! I'm trying to think of which ones, maybe the silver brand ones or... I forgot what jeans I have... ha-ha!!! My time is running out... love you! Tell everyone I say hi! Oh did you set up that blog??? Alex and Lauren sent me the cutest package yesterday. It was awesome with brownies and everything! Ha-ha.

Love ya xoxo

No comments: