Monday, October 13, 2008

Oct 13

We have two baptisms on Saturday and they both went really well. They are both so amazing and strong. Steve asked if he could bring his cat, meatball, to the baptism and we didn't know what to say, so we said sure... Haha and we couldn't tell if he was being serious or just kidding, so when we get there he has a white fuzzy cat in his arms! And we were like oh man! But then we got closer and realized it was a stuffed cat, so Steve made this cat be in all the pictures and its name is meatball 2 and sister Sorensen has to take care of it, so we decided that we are going to mail it to each other every 4 months like Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, but this would be "Tripanionship of the Traveling Meatball"! So anyways Steve is a social worker and he was interviewing for a new job and they asked him how he deals with his stress and anger, and he said he used to use a punching bag and lift weights, but now he relies on his faith in Jesus Christ! Isn’t that awesome :-)

Then there is Karen and she is amazing too (I will send pics home) she is so spiritual and she cries at everything, but she walks into the church on Saturday and she is just beaming and she was like you have no idea how excited I am! And she started to cry and was like “the man underneath was doing everything in his power to not get me here today but I just can't wait!” She's so cute and after she was dunked she comes up and goes "is it a-go!?" Haha she moved out of our boundaries so she is with the elders, which is a bummer because her daughter and husband aren't members and I bet with some time they will start to investigate! I wish I could teach them because they are an awesome family.

So remember how Lucy (I don't know her last name) from the ward was telling me about New Mexico and stuff? Well her dad is the ward mission leader! Haha crazy huh? It’s a small world. We ate dinner at her parents’ house last night and her mom is hilarious!! I love her, she just talks and talks and is just the cutest thing you will ever meet! She is from Korea so she made us Korean food and it was so good!

It was so funny one night me and my comps were just telling jokes and laughing and the district leader calls and I tell him I have a joke for him (I didn't realize I was on speaker phone and the zone leaders were up for district meeting.) So I tell this joke: there are a turtle and a giraffe eating lunch together and the turtle says to the giraffe 'hey pass the salt' and the giraffe says 'what do you think I am, a typewriter' HAHA! So obviously it doesn't make sense right? Well everyone was like uhhhh... so they next day after district meeting all the elders circled around me and are like so I heard a joke last night, and one elder was like ‘yea we don't get it, I was trying to figure it out all night. We are just dumb elders we don't get it.’ Oh man!! My comp and I just laughed!! It was so funny that they were actually thinking about it :-) So now we tell them a joke every night.

So last Monday we went out an hour early so we could come in early and we made brownies and played sequence. It was really fun and in our apt we have one of those film strip things so we watched this film strip about introducing the church to our friends and it was sooo funny and cheesy! The first step is to show your friends "I am a Mormon who cares" and then next step is "other Mormons care about you too" haha!!! So that inspired us to make our own movie called "A day in the life of a tri-panionship" we haven't started it yet, but that's on today's agenda. Dad, if I send a few videos home on my SD card, would you be able to put them together in a movie and burn them to a DVD??

My goal is to finish the standard works while on my mission and I’m in exodus so that's exciting! I love the Old Testament it's really funny. There is this one chapter where the daughters want to carry on their dad’s, Noah's, seed so they get him drunk and sleep with him!!! Haha who knew stories like that were in the bible! We finished moving Janie which took a long time but it's true when they talk about loving those you serve. I have really developed a love for her.

How's Alex doing? I haven't heard from him in a while.

So square dancing eh? That sounds interesting. Haha

Dad, is Cortez that town you were telling us about that you were driving down and there was a big deer that just walked down the street? I remember you telling us about a conference in Colorado, that's funny that it was Cortez haha! (Note: it was a bear in Durango. brm)

I haven't heard of that English program Abby wants to do but it sounds like a good experience. Two of my roommates from the summer went to Ecuador and took care of orphans, and I heard of something where they go to china and teach English but I haven't heard of one where they travel around. I think Sis. Sorensen’s sister is in china right now teaching English. I can ask her about it, but I don't think she knows very much.

I don't think that bishop is still the bishop of that ward at Tuscany. I think they are only the bishop for 3 years or something like that... but I’m pretty sure he is gone now. Tell her to try to get Bishop Archibald if he is still the bishop.

I think I am going to wait to send my sd card back until we get the video then I will, but I will drop some pics from the baptisms in the mail today. :-) It's getting colder so if you could send some sweaters in the mail that would be great! Love you all and hope life is going great!!! I miss you tons

Xoxo

No comments: