Monday, October 20, 2008

Oct 20

That picture is terrible! it was such a long day, I had been up since 3:45 am (LOL) and I forgot we were taking pictures at the end of the night so I put my hair up! Oops, don't' show too many people that picture. I will send my sd card home soon. I am going to send it in a padded envelope because I have heard many stories about them being stolen out of envelopes so be careful when you send them back :-)

Yesterday we went over to the Nielsen's (Lucy's parents) house again for dinner. Bro. Nielson said that I need to be careful about what I write in my e-mails to my parents because it got back to him really fast! ha-ha

My address for the next 3 weeks or so is:
118 N Sligo apt. D
Cortez, Co 81321
(Just be careful because transfers are in a few weeks and I might not be here anymore :-)

It sounds like relief society is going well :-) Stake young mens! Wahoo :-) With the way things are going in the next couple years Mom will be stake RS pres.

Well, this week... what happened..? It has been pretty uneventful. We got two new investigators which is exciting. We got both of them tracting which is a miracle because no one we are teaching right now is from tracting. The current investigators are all member referrals (speaking of which, you should be praying for people to have the missionaries teach!). Yesterday, in church we all 3 spoke and sang in one ward and in the other ward we sang. We were pretty much the program! I told them it was a good thing we showed up or they would be out of luck! LOL

We went over to this less active member's house and his wife has Huntington's disease and he has some leg problem so he just sits at home and watches his wife! It's soooo sad :-( I hope that we can at least bring a little joy into their life because he is just so distraught; asking why it had to happen to her and you know the normal "why" questions. We had zone conference and it was amazing! We talked about goal setting and it was very inspiring. I got to see Sis. Jensen and some of the elders from my MTC district which was exciting. I miss the MTC but I like helping real people :-) There is a member family that wants to take us to Shiprock. I really want to go before Christmas so I can get you guys some Indian stuff but I don't know if we will get a chance so we will see :-)

My new favorite food is pudding! I eat it for breakfast lunch and dinner :-) (but I get sugar-free) It's so good! We have come up with many concoctions that use pudding! Everything I eat is sugar free because my companion is hypoglycemic and she has to eat whole wheat products and no sugar. We are kind of doing it with her, awesome hu? I am almost not a sugar-aholic, yay!

I think for Halloween you should be Sonny and Cher! or be missionaries!! Ha-ha you can both put your old name tags on. We got these wigs from one of our investigators and so we are going to the ward party as "old" missionaries, or something lame because we can only stay for the dinner :-( I was thinking it would be fun to be Elders LOL, but who knows, If you have any creative ideas for me I would love to hear them :-)

Well, my life is pretty boring to people in the real world (chuckle)! I don't know what else to tell you (it's kind of sad when I start sharing my pudding concoctions ha-ha) but I love you all so much and hope all is going well. Always remember to be looking for someone for the missionaries to teach:-) . Member referrals are the best!

xoxo

Lizzie

No comments: