Monday, November 2, 2009

Nov. 2, 2009

Dearest family,

We had zone conference this week and it was my favorite by far (except when Elder Grow of the 70 came). We are focusing on using the Book of Mormon in our teaching and using it to answer questions of the soul. President Anderson said that it is the best self-help book! It has put a purpose to my studying the Book of Mormon. Before i would just read it and think "oh that's inspiring!" or something. Now I am soaking up every sentence! I want to read it all day every day. I already have a long list of questions that are answered by the Book of Mormon. It's such an awesome book and I always took it for granted. It is crazy how my love for that book that I have been reading for years has grown exponentially in less than a week.

President Anderson challanged us to read the Book of Mormon for 15 min. everyday for the rest of our lives. He promised that if we did, our spiritual maturity will be far beyond anyone else who doesn't! AWESOME!

That was by far the highlight of my week, but we have been teaching and trying to get people ready for baptism! We got 2 new investigators this week and they are amazing! We found them tracting and they are 2 sisters; one is 17 and one is 19, and they want to change their lives and do the right things. They said they like that we come and teach them what we believe and why, and no other churches do that.

So things are going AWESOME! Hope all is well there!

Love you all! xoxo
Sister Marchant

No comments: