Monday, November 16, 2009

16 Nov 2009

16 Nov. 2009
Well hello dearest family!

Things are going great! We had an awesome week and picked up a few new investigators. A few weeks ago we found these awesome girls (one is 17 and the other is 19) and every time we teach them they listen so intently and they are so excited about changing their life! They are golden... when they are home! Ha-ha it's so frustrating when people aren't there for their appointments and it's especially bad here in Shiprock, but... you get used to it and ALWAYS have a backup plan :-)

There is also this family they have a 17yrd old boy, Gabriel, 16yr old girl, Courtney, 12 and 9 yr old boys, Ryan and Aaron, and a 3 yr old girl, Ashley. Single mom (Pauline) and they have no electricity or running water. They just ran out of wood and the mom doesn't have a job. She had to quit because her kids were running around after school and she never knew where they were and she wanted to keep an eye on them. It's so sad! But they are so awesome and fun. I just love them. The 2 oldest kids don't want anything to do with the church but the younger ones do, so hopefully we can get them baptized. (The mom went on placement so she is less active). The older kids are rebels but hopefully through our winning smiles and charming good looks (and maybe the spirit) we can get them interested too :-) ha-ha

The other day we picked Courtney up from school and as she came out (in front of everyone) sis. lo honks the horn 20 times! It was so funny Courtney gets in the car and was like why did you do that! She wasn't mad it was just hilarious, you know how important a high school rep is and then 2 sister missionaries come pick you up and honk HAHA! They are a really fun family.

Mom it sounds like your talk was a hit... even the high priests listened!! That's quite an accomplishment!! I would love a copy of it to read :-) speaking of talks, I was reading over the conference ensign and it's soooooooooooooo good!!!!!!! I just soak up every word but elder Uchtdorf gave an amazing talk about the love of God and this part was so poetic, I just LOVE it! You should read the whole talk!!!!!!!!

"The divine love of God turns ordinary acts into extraordinary service. Divine love is the motive that transports simple words into sacred scripture. Divine love is the factor that transforms reluctant compliance with God’s commandments into blessed dedication and consecration.
Love is the guiding light that illuminates the disciple’s path and fills our daily walk with life, meaning, and wonder.
Love is the measure of our faith, the inspiration for our obedience, and the true altitude of our discipleship.
Love is the way of the disciple."

If you get a chance could you burn some of the talks to cd and send them to me... especially elder Holland's talk about the book of Mormon? THANKS!!!!

The other day we went the thrift store here and I got a cashmere sweater for $0.50 I was pretty excited, so it inspired our idea for today. we are going into Farmington and going thrift store shopping :-) got to love those cheap finds (especially for mission clothes) Courtney (the 16 yr old) always asks us why we always dress like grandmas. I was talking to sister lo and I said "I think we both dress really cute" and she says back "you know you have been out too long when you think that we dress cute..." ha-ha it was funny! So I guess we are going to get some more grandma clothes :-)

So life is going good... transfers are coming up next week so hopefully sis. lo and I stay together in Shiprock! Love you all and pray for you every night! Keep on reading the book of Mormon :-) xoxo

Sister Marchant


9 Nov 2009

Yá'át'ééh!!!!

Sounds like you are all doing GREAT!!!! Things are going really well here too. It was actually a really slow week but after slow weeks come AWESOME weeks!

mom, thanks for the countdown but ... I don't want to get trunky :-) as much of an angel you think I am... I still get homesick

My comp and I are still doing AWESOME and still loving the work. It's hard, you would think it would get easier... yet you are always trying to be better and always striving to work harder, so it just gets harder not easier! But that's okay.

For Christmas I don't want anything... just save the $$ for when I get home. I don't need any more things... I already have too much stuff! (Like always) ha-ha maybe just a few little things so that I have something to open :-)

So I have been reading the BoM every day, obviously, and it is going GREAT!!!!! I don't want to lose the calling I am scared that I won't be able to understand and learn as much as I do right now. But there is no stopping the inevitable. You should all do it with me! Then when I get home you can maybe you can be as spiritually mature as me (jk you all have so many more years of wisdom and knowledge behind you)

LOVE you all and have a GREAT WEEK!!!!!
Thanks for participating in the fast. It doesn't matter what day you do it so thanks :-)

Sister Marchant

No comments: