Sunday, November 29, 2009

22 Nov 09

Hello all!

Things are going great! Sister Lo and I are staying together for another transfer! Only 1 left after this one so I am guessing that President won't move me for my last transfers (hopefully), so I think I will 'die' in Shiprock. Pretty exciting but you never know!

Things are going good. An investigator we were teaching was struggling with getting married (his girlfriend lived with him and they have 2 kids). Well yesterday at church he said that she doesn't live there anymore, and he wants to get baptized... ugh! Not the results we wanted... we wanted them to get married! So I don't know what's going on there

The Yazzie's came to church yesterday! Yay!!! It was so exciting I can't wait to get them baptized. The younger 2 boys (Ryan and Aaron) both want to be baptized we just have to teach them! Ha-ha we are probably spending thanksgiving with them (hopefully).

So things are going great! This morning I was reading a talk called "Because My Father Read the Book of Mormon"; it was so good! You should read it but my favorite part was"

"When you know that the Book of Mormon is true, you know that Joseph Smith was called by God to restore the Church of Jesus Christ to the earth. You know that Joseph Smith saw the Father and the Son. You know that there is only one faith and one valid baptism. You know that a prophet of God lives on the earth today and that he has all the keys of the priesthood and the right to exercise them, as Peter did anciently. You know that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, the only name whereby you can receive salvation. You know that God the Father lives and that He loves us. You know that His plan of salvation is perfect, and you have the desire to perform ordinances, live the commandments, and endure to the end"

I just love the gospel so much!!!!! it's so awesome :-) President Anderson always says that eternal things always get better and better (i.e. the book of Mormon, his marriage etc.) and the temporal things of the world get old and boring! I love that! Anyway, just some thoughts for the day!

Love you all and have a wonderful thanksgiving! xoxo

Sister Marchant

No comments: