Monday, August 3, 2009

8/3/09

Hey!!!!
Things are going great! I LOVE it here! I haven't had time to tract once :-) I wish missionary work could be like this everywhere!

We did a lot of teaching this week and visiting people. We had a Ym/Yw activity in Red Valley Arizona. It is so beautiful there! You drive down into this valley and its red mountains are so beautiful! Look it up on Google, they might have some good pics. We hiked to an arch; it was so fun and it rained the whole time! lol! I got the coolest rainbow pic while there. I will try to attach it but it's a double rainbow coming off two mountains! Ah I love it. It should be in National Geographic or something! And God put it there just for us (because I am sure no one else was even close to around where we were :-) )

Sister S (everyone calls her that because they can't pronounce Sagapolutele) and I get along just great! She is full of personality and spunk, so it makes life more interesting :-)

The next picture is the arch where we hiked to with my comp and me.

The next pic is a teepee. They are just chillin' everywhere. Normally they have the leather on them, not made of sticks. The Native American Church (NAC) does peyote (a hallucinogen) inside the teepees; some people do camp in teepees but most of the time they do ceremonies with peyote. I love the Navajo culture and learning about it.

The next pic (I am not sure if they are in order or not but you are smart and can figure it out) is of me trying to learn how to make Navajo fry bread (its sooooo good but obviously fried) at the Kirtland stake 24th of July celebration

Anyways I hope you enjoy the pics! Luckily the computers here let me attach pics! I haven't been able to do that in my other areas... so I can update you as I go :-)

I will send the pics on a different email it's not working!
LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!! xoxo
Sister Marchant

(Note: the pictures didn't come through but if/when they do arrive- I'll post them. Brent)

No comments: