Monday, August 31, 2009

8-31-09

Dearest family!

Well guess what?! I am staying in Shiprock and training. Well sister S and I are training together. I guess God doesn't trust us to train alone! Just kidding, it's because she is getting surgery so she won't be out for a few weeks! I am really excited it should be a grand adventure.

Other than that things are going great! I am so glad I get to stay in Shiprock. I don't feel comfortable yet so people don't really know me. Plus my comp takes over the conversation so I don't say much but I think that having a 3-some will be really fun. I loved being trained in a 3-some! So we will see how it works :-)

The Shiprock fair is coming up in October. Someone told me that you will never see so many Navajos in one place so I am excited. If you want cool Navajo stuff made by real Navajos just let me know and send me some money (I am poor and can't afford gifts for everyone) lol. I am excited to be here for that.

We also have a baptism coming up next Saturday. That should be good. His name is Brett and he is about 21 and has had a rough life. When I first got here he was in jail for something and I was like... wow sounds golden...! haha but he actually is! He is very smart and already knows a lot. I am excited!

Things are going great here as always. I am glad that sister s and I get to stay together.
Anyways things are great! We are going to Albuquerque tonight for the training meeting tomorrow morning. I am so excited, I love going to transfers because I get to see everyone. I feed off other people's energy so when all those missionaries get together I just feel the energy and excitement and it makes me excited! Haha I am a weirdo I know!

So life is good! I almost didn't email today, but I knew you would be angry so I did. Haha well I love you all and hope all is well!

Abbs I will fast that you get a job too! And you know the power of a missionary fast is like 10 regular people! jk but I will fast this week for ya!

mom, I will try to send you another pic but I don't' know if I am close enough with any people here to do that yet.

oh! I don't think I told you, I saw that family from Cortez the Largos (the ones that sent the pic) they were driving through Shiprock and we saw each other so I pulled over (apparently almost caused an accident but I don't think so, I am such a safe driver...lol) it was so great to see them! they were getting sealed in the temple on that Friday Aug 21. that was exciting to hear!

Kylee is in Cortez right now so I always talk to her about all the people and it makes me miss it! I forgot about how much I loved it there!

so anyways I have to go another busy pday! I don't know why but we just have a lot to do on pdays here in Shiprock! haha love you and glad to hear all is going great! xoxo

Sister Marchant

No comments: